Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Read, read and read..Then?

It seems that this semester will be tougher than last semester..Eventhough I'm only taking 15 credit hours, but the subjects that I've registered requires a lot of reading..When I say a lot, I mean A LOT..Why so? Because this semester is all about Literature...Yes, Literature...The most feared part of learning a language by most of the language students...Especially me of course...The literature classes that I have to endure for this semester are:

1. A SURVEY OF PROSE FORMS & POETRY IN ENGLISH

For this subject, me and my colleagues will be looking at short stories, poetry and drama. Studies on the characters, plot, settings, point of view, etc..When I looked at the list of stories, I was like WTH!! So many things to read...There are 5 short stories (Eventhough it is called short stories but it's not really that short), 31 poems and 4 dramas to be read and studied...Reading is one thing, understanding it is another...So far we already did 2 short stories...And guess what? I don't understand a thing...hahaha...(Devilish Laugh)

2. EXPRESSION OF CREATIVE

When I registered this course, I was thinking that the class would be like doing some acting or art maybe..But I was wrong..This course is similar and different at the same time to the course above...We'll be doing on short stories, poetry and novel, still...But in Malay...There's no list of stories, poems and novel for this course...Probably because we have to write them ourselves..Again, WTH!! And my lecturer for this course is a Chinese, Dr. Lim Swee Tin...Can you imagine that, learning about our mother tongue from a non-Malay...But he's no ordinary guy...For those of you who wants to know him, just search for it yourself...

Since, I'm not much of a good reader and I'm so not into literature (neither Malay Literature nor English Literature)...I hope I can survive this semester...Let's keep our fingers crossed..

p/s: Currently on Wolf Pack Project

3 comments:

ezah said...

chayokkkk...

anyssafryn said...

kalau aku tau mu kat upm, dah lama aku upah mu tgk2 thesis aku huhuhuhu

Anonymous said...

pakcik!
nak komen kena cakap omputih ke?
hahahahaha..

alaa
2 je kot subjek literature
sila bertabah.