Saturday, July 18, 2009

Orientation week

It's been quite some time since the last time I posted my entry. Due to the orientation week here at UPM and minimum access to the internet, I was unable to update my blog (lame excuse).

For this post, a little insight on the orientation week. 'Minggu Perkasa Putra', that's what they called the orientation week here at UPM. The schedule was packed with lots of activities. It was the first time I experienced the "Battle of Cheers" between the colleges. It was fun but sometimes annoying. People screaming and cheering like a band of babbling baboons trying to mate. But still, it was FUN!!

My college, along with my other friends from UDM, is the 12th College.The room was not as I expected though. The room is spacious compared to my previous room back at UDM. However, the bed, the cupboard, the windows, and all other stuff are very poor. There a lot of mosquito too. I got mosquito bites all over my body. I think the college administration should place mosquito net at the windows. Just to prevent any unpleasant cases of dengue fever.

The seniors were very nice. Way too nice. There were no punishment for those who broke the rules. I'm note sure about the other colleges but 12th College's senior was good. The slots prepared for us were good. The slot with the ex-students of UPM was probably the best for me. I'm amazed by one of the guest on how He, i repeat HE studied 12 hours a day when he was studying here at UPM. As for the other slots, BORING!!!!

'Malam Tunas Budaya', a cultural event to end 'Minggu Perkasa Putra'. It was awesome. There were a few celebrities from TV3 who acted as judges. People dancing and singing, wearing all those fancy clothes. Pity though, my college only won 1 award i think. But at least we won an award. that pretty much wraps up the orientation week. Nothing much for me to say. My other friends probably wrote a lot on this. Feel free to visit their blog.

No comments: