Saturday, September 15, 2012

Marriage.

“Marriage is a bond performed between a man and a woman (or women) as a symbol of their love towards each other.”

I think most people will agree with this statement. But I’m not so sure about the part in the bracket though. Especially by women. Haha. Anyway, putting that aside, it is what we, normal human beings, with a perfectly healthy and sane mind, have waited so long for. Yes, I’m no different than you guys and girls out there. I’m normal, okay. I want to get married just like everybody else. And just like you, I have my own opinion about marriage. My knowledge upon this matter is very small and shallow. It is only based on my experience and the experience of others around me. So, in this post I’ll share my understanding of it with you folks out there because as they say, sharing is caring, right? Well, not really actually. Some things are allowed to be shared with others but there are certain things that we have to keep it to ourselves. It is what we called ‘privacy’. And it doesn't mean that we don't care about other people, it just shows that we care about ourselves more.

Now, when we reach a certain level in terms of age, our family, our friends and those around us will begin to ask the 1 million dollar question that they’ve been longing to blurt out.

“When are you going to get married?”

Yeah, I’m pretty sure you are familiar with this question either from your own experience or from others’. Some even hate this question and reply with a rather common question.

“Don’t you have any other question to ask?”

I don’t deny that I’ve been asked that question in quite a number of times mostly by my friends. I neither hate it nor do I enjoy it. But usually I will reply with a completely short, precise, sweet, polite, understandable and straight to the point answer.

“When the time comes.”

Yes, when the time comes, I’ll ask the queen of my heart, for her hand in marriage because to me, marriage is not a child’s play. It is not something that you can simply do just to gain experiences or because people want you to get married or because you can’t stand people asking that 1 million dollar question. No, that should not be the reason for your marriage. Marriage is a bond between a man and a woman as mentioned in the statement earlier. Moreover, it is a responsibility.

The life as a married person is way different compared to being single. A lot of thoughts need to be put into it before deciding whether to get married or not because personally, what marriage means to me is not the big and long awaited day WHEN the knot is tied but rather what you have to do AFTER the knot is tied. Being a man, the obligations and responsibilities are far greater. Towards yourself, your wife, family from both sides and all other things.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that marriage is a burden. But rather something that people should look forward to. This is purely a personal opinion. I'm merely projecting my thoughts. Because I know, I'm not yet ready for marriage life. But I’m preparing for it, taking one step at a time, slowly but surely.

The road to joy and happiness is never easy. It will surely be bumpy with all the holes and hurdles. It always has and always will. But the difference of it is that once you are married, you have someone to support you, to care for you, to help you get through all the obstacles and challenges in life. What else can be more joyful and meaningful than having someone to share your life with? Yes, your soulmate, your other half, your knight in shining armour or your queen in glittering gown.

Marriage is a wonderful thing. Many strive for it, but not all succeeded. If you are given the chance to receive such blessed gift, take it. But only if you are ready. When will we be ready?

When the time comes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really understand what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my site =). We could have a hyperlink alternate arrangement among us!

Enol said...

I'd love that. But you didn't leave the link of your site. So, if you're reading this, please put your link behind. Thanks. =)